Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Human Resources Defined: The Architect of Work

This is a really great article explaining the true role of Human Resources.  It was written by Sharlyn Lauby on June 3, 2012 from the HR Bartender website.  www.hrbartender.com .  Enjoy!!



Human resources is a tough profession to define. Whenever people ask me what I do and I say “human resources”, their first response is … oh, you hire people. Which is true, human resources often has responsibility in the recruitment arena. But it’s certainly not the sum and substance of the role. By far.


But then, when I try to explain what HR does, it becomes this long list of things – benefits, compensation, safety, employee relations, etc. etc. People’s eyes begin to glaze over…


So when I have to describe what HR does, I like to say – HR is the architect of work.

To Read More, Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment